Home > Email Services > Sending larger quantities of email (includes our bulk email policy).
Sending larger quantities of email (includes our bulk email policy).
If you want to send mail to multiple recipients i.e. up to 500 emails per hour then you should adhere to these guidelines on our bulk mail policy:
- Newsletters etc. should be strictly opt-in.
- The recipient must be clearly informed when they are opting-in (e.g. on a website form).
- Mailings must identify who they are sending to (e.g. to registered users of our site, …).
- A simple (and working) unsubscribe option must be provided.
- No fake addresses or obfuscated headers.
- Up to 50 recipients per individual message – larger distribution lists must be split up accordingly.
- No more than 5 concurrent connections from each sending IP address.
- Use mx1.lumison.net as the outgoing (SMTP) server.
- Emails must be sent in batches of no more than 500 per hour to ensure that these emails don’t significantly slow down the performance of the mail system.
In general, mailers should aim to avoid annoying recipients. It is the sender’s responsibility to send to the correct list of people, and to provide the appropriate information/unsubscribe options to minimise complaints.
If you wish to send regular mailshots to more recipients than allowed under this policy then please see the section on our Mailman mailing list service.