Home > How To Configure Webmail > Configuring Personal Information
Configuring Personal Information
You can tailor your webmail to use your own preferred settings instead of the default settings.
Once logged into Webmail click on “Settings” in the menu at the top of the page and then click on “Identities” tab. Then on the bottom left click to add a new identity”.
Here you will find the following settings: (see image below)
- Display Name:
This is the name that people receiving mail from you will see against your message in their inbox.
- Email address: email@example.com -By default this will be your firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have
your own domain you can enter your email address to show the correct
from address for email that you send.
- Organization: This field is optional.
- Reply-to: email@example.com – You can specify a different reply to address if it should not be the
same as your from. If you leave this blank emails will come back to
your address as you set above.
- Bcc: The only recipient address that will be visible to all recipients is the one in the To: field. So, to keep maximum anonymity you can put your own address in the To: field and use Bcc: exclusively to address your message. This field is optional.
- Signature: Your signature – Here you can enter a signature that will be added to the bottom of all
email that you send.
Please click on image to enlarge.
Set as deafult: This allows you to set your new identity as your default account, simply tick the box.
Lastly – don’t forget to click the ‘Save’ button to save your changes!
Now when you compose an email, your new identity will be in the drop down box next to “sender”.